Thursday, February 17, 2011

Maybe it's just because I've never tried the food...?




The first time I viewed this ad was last night during an advertising seminar course (outside the context of any traditional SuperBowl environment); then, I was horrified. Disgusted even. Now... well, now I'm just entirely undecided.

I'm not entirely certain whether I'm horrified, disgusted, offended or just plain confused by this spot. One thing remains fairly apparent: the ad seems to fulfill the 'arrogant Americans' stereotype quite profoundly, no?

Thoughts?

dk

2 comments:

  1. So how will my contribution to Groupon help the Tibetan people retain their culture?! I've decided I do not like this commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It was pulled off the air 5 days after it aired.

    Right before they were getting ready to sell the company for big $$ they decide to pull this stunt and get everyone all upset. Wonder if it'll effect coupon redemption - they do offer pretty good deals (hate myself for admitting that).

    ReplyDelete