Sunday, March 27, 2011

My own personal Highway to Hell




This lengthy text to my friend pretty much sums up what's become of my life:

"Well. Went to have coffee before my shift. Ended up imposing my company on two dudes. Turned out they were total drug addicts. We talked about drug and alcohol addiction for a good hour. One told me how he was homeless because of it then found the lord. Married his pregnant girlfriend. I abruptly intruded and said, 'don't mind me, continue, I just have to get dressed for work.' Pulled my hair down from a pony tail. Commenced to pull the headband [sized skirt], bedazzled top and thigh highs out of my purse and changed on the patio of some coffee house - in front of two stranger recovering addicts and oncoming traffic, of course. Then asked for their fb info, so? Fuck. I am bored with life."

What I failed to mention in the text was the 50+ year-old, quasi-homeless, lanky man with a beard well down to his chest, wearing clothing that seemed to be manufactured primarily by hemp, who was mysteriously lurking in the background - cigarette smoke serving as the primary evidence of his existence.

That man asked us ('us' being me and the two druggies of course), "Do you know a good place to just go out and dance around here?" While I sat perplexed: did this man truly want to dance, would those severely worn sandals pass any dance club dress code, and is this man absolutely mad... while I sat puzzled, the druggies fielded the question. They began spewing various dance clubs and before I knew what happened the quasi-homeless man was off in to the moonlight, happy as can be, off to dance the night away. "Thanks, I do love a good beat." Wow. This is my reality. Awesome. I'm still very, very, very bored. Bored with life, in general.

And then I concluded my night, texting my friend once again:
"I ended my night in a 'headband' [sized skirt] with some middle aged singer at a dive bar putting his arm around me and mic in my face while I shouted 'Highway to Hell' - again, I wish I were kidding."

Only, I'm never kidding... my reality, she's a joke.

It's a good thing I love to laugh!

Xo!
dk

2 comments:

  1. How bored can you be be with all this awesome simuli surrounding you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall a time when I didn't stimulate chaos to shake up my reality. Sadly, I always thought it was very normal - that everyone did as I do - until just recently. Whoops. Oh well.

    p.s. Still so bored!!

    ReplyDelete