Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hollywood flashes me the Bat Signal!

Hollywood and Vine in 'Danielle' easily translates to Hollywood and Wine.

I've lived in Los Angeles County for my entire life. Never had I the need nor had I the urge to venture in to the heart of its neurosis. But today... today, I found myself wandering amongst the absurdity that collectively pulsates the heart which controls the blood flow to neighboring cities that are feverishly feeding off the obscene neurosis. Yes! It is that dramatic, damn it! Today, I walked amongst the circus acts; amongst the figurative multi-colored pitched tents theatrically sprinkled alongside Hollywood Blvd.

Today, I encountered a man playing "drums." I hadn't the heart to tell him the beats were derived from emptied paint buckets, I just hadn't the heart.

Today, I encountered a man carrying a long silver tube with which he would probe windows high above. I hadn't the desire to speculate the intention nor the orgin of his tube.

I encountered a man in a Flash costume.

I encountered a man in a cowboy costume.

I encountered a man in a Darth Vader costume.

And, I encountered a man dressed as a vampire - although, this man, I'm not entirely certain was a man in any costume.

I spent only a total of 12 minutes (maximum) on Hollywood Blvd., still... to deal with the human chaos that was actively occurring not 30 miles from my home... I needed a glass of wine - or, twelve. I refused to allow the madness to sustain itself as my reality. So, I held my glass up high and directed it at no one in particular; a toast! Cheers to my escaping that miserable reality. Hollywood and Vine: never again will your concrete stars grace the base of my heels.

Never again,
dk

On the plus side:
A man all of 5' dressed in a Batman costume followed me down the street. Nearly a half torso superior to him (I'm 6'2" in heels), I finally stooped to his level. By that I mean, I put actually put myself on the opposite end of his attempted 2-way communication. Apparently, the man dressed in kid's sized super hero attire, he's looking for a sidekick. It's not like I've any offers more promising. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment