Saturday, June 4, 2011

I look great in leggings, you won't.

Newsflash: I'm 5'8" and a size 2.

So many women are trying to maneuver themselves in to slinky dresses, tight leggings, low rise denim... why? WHY? This is a phenomena I've never understood. So many girls want to quote raid my closet unquote - why? Most of these women would look like trash if they tried to wear my clothes. Listen, I'm not going to lie... that stuff - my stuff - all looks fucking fantastic... on ME!

But...
that's because I'm built for it.

Try putting me in something that showcases cleavage, not gonna happen. Never. I haven't the tits. Try putting me in any elegant, fitted skirt. Nope, not a chance. I haven't the hips. Try putting me in some sexy one-piece swimwear. Oh, that's a good one. Please, I dare you. Try putting me in a dress fitted at the waist. Waist? What waist??

I have no tits. No hips. No shape.

So, if you do...
LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR SHAPE!!!
And work it!

Fashion trends should not dictate your style; your shape should! So stop trying to wear leggings - or whatever the flavor of the season might be - just because retail window displays have decided to make them all the rage. Bullshit.

While I'm over here belting my midsection, to the point of suffocation, in a pathetic effort to conjure even the faintest suggestion of a waist distinct from my hips... you're hiding yours! DON'T!

While I'm over here spending upwards of $50 on a band of lace that supports two cups inflated by padding (be that regular padding, air pockets, water sacks or whatever the fuck the latest Victoria's Secret confidential may be) to lift, squeeze, plump and enhance my bustline... you're hiding yours! DON'T!!

While I'm over here wearing the tightest possible pants in a miserable attempt to highlight that there is indeed a small protrusion that distinguishes itself as my ass... you think yours is too big. Are you freaking kidding me?? STOP THAT!

And, stop wearing leggings.
Start wearing what's right for you!

Let's be serious for just one moment... it's obvious that, for the most part, I might just be posting this because I'm outlandishly selfish and loathe the notion of sharing my clothing - and, would love for people to STOP asking. Despite that selfish benefit... I want you to wear what looks great on you. And what makes you feel sexy - or comfortable or sporty or feminine or cute - or, whatever look you're going for. Just appreciate your you!

Because you're you is your perfect you.

Xo!
dk

"We help [plus-size women] dress fashionably. We say: It's pointless for you to buy leggings, take this because this will look good on you. We help them choose. We don't talk about diets because they don't want to be on a diet, but it's not a ghetto. Why should these women slim down? Many of the women who have a few extra kilos are especially beautiful and also more feminine."

-Franca Sozzani (Vogue Italia)

No comments:

Post a Comment