Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I want to color outside the lines, ALWAYS!

In line with the recurring recommendations from my therapists
(my therapists being most of my friends, my sister, my self-help books - and, one professional consultant, a therapist by trade, a Psychologist by title), I have - during the last several months - employed a more "productive" approach to life.

In the last several months, my life has attempted to walk a straight line. One hesitant step in front of the other (my neck aching from the backwards turn that seeks even just a glimpse of my more adventurous past). Baby steps. A path of stability. A grown-up life.
I'm gonna be mature, you see.


I got a job.
I stopped taking my morning tea with whiskey.
I smile. And, make small talk.
I sit in a cube.
I date men who call back.
I've replaced rendezvous in dark parking structures with wholesome dinner dates.
I sleep before 4am.
And wake to an alarm,
I got a job.


See... I told you.
I implemented goal-setting approach to life.
One that provides me an agenda - goals and objectives. Aspirations, if you will. But, I won't.

I must say...
I'M BORED THE FUCK OUT MY DAMN SKULL.

dk

**Right, ask an alcoholic to walk a straight line and spot him while he falls.
Fuck lines. I want to color outside them. Always.
**

No comments:

Post a Comment