Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blatantly fake... everything about me is so blatantly fake.

At Ralphs buying bananas, a woman appeared to be trailing me...

Did I grab the bananas she wanted?
What was so special about these bananas?
Should I surrender them?

Oh, damn!
My social anxiety was getting to me now!

Finally, she interrupted my thoughts, "Excuse me, I'm sorry... do you model?"

Ha!
Of course, I immediately stated what I thought was blatantly apparent:
"Shit, no! I just wear insane heels. And, way too much make-up. I'm outrageously fake."

She looked entirely confused and slightly offended.

Still, she offered me her card and when I denied it she asked for my number. Generally, I am suspect of humans who want to take my number for anything but sexual conquest. Nonetheless, I gave it to her.

Well, shit, if I'm not going to be Batman's sidekick, I may as well find another gig, right?

The possibilities are endless.

dk

2 comments:

  1. I love how your blatantly honest charm offended her as she approaches you to discuss your future in modeling. You are all crass my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... with me there's pretty much only one thing you can bank on: honesty. Be it crass or not.

    ReplyDelete