Saturday, February 12, 2011

Break-up two point uh-oh.

Guilty.

I admit.

Guilty of breaking up with people via email... Or, text... Or, good old-fashioned simply falling off the planet.

What? It genuinely feels like the best approach: email. No, I'm not being felicitous. Honestly, I'm much better with words when written - rather than when spoken. I'm much more tactful and pleasant in a written forum. More gentle. More explanatory. Less horrible. I sincerely feel I'm doing the person justice. That's my distorted perspective, anyhow. Who knows. Maybe it's not the best idea. Especially after I read this questionably depressing article.

Maybe I am callus and horrid woman. Supposing so, I feel inclined to apologize to anyone who I have negatively affected: sincerely, I am sorry. But... then again, if you'd just read that last email or text or crumbled bar napkin I sent your way when we split, you'll likely find everything you need to know. Maybe. Likely. I think. But, if reading that doesn't help, here's more recommended reading: It's Called A Break Up Because It's Broken. You can steal a used copy off Amazon.com for less than it cost you to buy me my first drink. Cheers. Happy healing.

Xo!
dk

No comments:

Post a Comment