Saturday, February 26, 2011

(-) + (-) = (+) ...or, L < 3 V E

Well... I hate to laugh at this article (that highlights relationship red flags). I mean... I should take it quite seriously - especially since two of the three red flags truly hit home. Nevertheless, I can't help but see humor in its insight.

The second red flag (controlling behavior/jealousy/paranoia) is representative of most Middle Eastern men I know. The third red flag (under-functioning/under-responsibility) is representative of most Middle Eastern women I know (read: myself).


Red Flag #3 (i.e. Red Flag #ME!)
Under-functioners are...
  1. "Often thoughtless, careless and reckless with their own property, personal health and safety as well as the property and well-being of others" - indeed, I am. Check.
  2. "May expect to be waited on, catered to, picked up after and entertained" - indeed, I do. Absolutely! Check.
  3. "They may expect their partners to plan all social outings, celebrations and vacations" - um... duh? Obviously yes! Absolutely - and, without question!!! Is this one a joke?!?! OF COURSE I DO!!! Check. Check. Check!

Well
folks, here's the good news!! ... Somewhere along the discourse of my life's journey, I learned that two negatives indeed equal a positive!

That said, deductively and mathematically speaking (of course), I'm forced to conclude the following: I am destine to great relationship success should I continue my behavior of dismissing obligatory responsibilities and engaging hostile relations with controlling, possessive men.

(Red Flag #2) + (Red Flag #3) = <3

Oh my! How fantastic! It is in fact truth: Fairy tales do come true!!

Mathematically speaking, of course.

Xo!

dk

p.s. Yes, this means I've decided to again engage racism in my dating style; and, date only Middle Eastern men. It's simply an issue of mathematics, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment