Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tomato. Tomahto. And, sometimes ketchup.

Last week my friends challenged me with the following proposition:
talk to only one man at a time... AND, be genuine.

Fuck.

Alright. Fine.
I've accepted the challenge.

Just got off the phone with the ONE guy I've chosen to invest interest.

Essentially, he told me I have some sort of power struggle fixation - or something. Who knows. Compared me to Machiavelli, I think. I'm still not sure. In any regard, I took it as a compliment. Although I doubt the sentiment was posed as such. No matter.

The conversation started with him seeming calm and potentially interested - naturally, it ended with him absolutely confused. Baffled. Perplexed. Overall: exhausted. Yup, sounds about right. I was after all being 100% myself. And that, well that exhausts even me - god knows what it does to a grown ass man. He said he wasn't sure that I was what he was looking for, not right now. Makes sense. I respect that. And, I told him so. He said he needed time to let it all "marinate." And that I should allow the same.

Oh. Cute. Boy.
Never, never tell me what I should or shouldn't do. The word "should" is not one that carries a definition within the scope of my own personal vocabulary bank. Nope. The word is not one that registers within my skull.

My response, obviously: "you do what you do, and I'll do what I do."

He says he's calling me tomorrow.

I'm not surprised.
Nor would I be if he decided not to call at all.

Tomato. Tomahto.
And sometimes, ketchup.

dk

No comments:

Post a Comment