Thursday, May 26, 2011

An everlasting game.

Fine. Wednesday. 7pm.

I went out on a dinner date. It was pleasant.

The man was intelligent, articulate, educated and responsible. He was at an ideal age (as defined by societal norms and expectations - not by my own twisted daddy issues). He gave me plenty of compliments. And, his attention remained undivided. He took pleasure in telling me that I'm "pretty" and expressed his appreciation that I'm "very smart" - and his favorite thing about me, I'm "so sweet" (these are of course his words, not mine*).

And, as any man should... he drove, he opened my car door, he put our name in at the restaurant, he treated the server graciously, he made certain that I was comfortable and all our accommodations/needs were met. Of course, he paid the bill. And, politely, he bid me a pleasant farewell - with the right combination of desire and respect.


That said...


After this pleasant night out with a generic, white male...
...I've restored my original policy of engaging racism when dating.

I'm officially back on my Middle Eastern men fix.
Normalcy, it's just... well, it's just so darn bland!

I want some fun.
Some excitement.
Some questionably healthy tension.
The occasional burst [er, outburst] of jealousy.
A theatrical display of ownership.
Rigorous emotional tug of war.
Some sexual innuendo.
Lots, actually.
A battle of wits.
A challenge.

Something to stimulate my curiosity.
Something to sustain my intrigue.

An everlasting game.

*It should be noted that I do not condone the usage of these words nor do I deem them appropriate when used in the referencing of my person.

No comments:

Post a Comment